Accepting “The Nester” Challenge (Dear Me) September 13, 2012
Her sister writes the blog, Chatting at the Sky, and I see writing is a skill sharing by both of these young ladies!
While I don’t have the great pictures to include in this post, as they have, I hope the words are sufficient.
1. NEVER let your mother give you a perm. No, you’ll never have pretty curls like “what’s her name”, but trust me, your mother doesn’t know how to give perms. Stand back! Just say”NO!”
2. When all is said and done, you won’t get a prize for having the darkest tan, so stop damaging your skin! Do you know what you’ll look like, if you keep this up? Baby oil? Are you kidding me? Why not just jump into a frying pan, over a hot stove, while you’re at it!
3. Don’t take all this “guy stuff” so darn seriously! You may be a dynamo in business when you get older, but frankly, you’ve got no business worrying about men, until you realize how wonderful you really are. Your parents mean well, but they believe in “negative reinforcement” instead of “positive reinforcement”, so that’s going to take some time to get over. OK, go ahead and marry what’s-his-name, at 32, before all your eggs dry up! You’ll get two awesome kids out of the deal. Trust me, you’ll meet your “true love” at 43, so for now, relax! Get a hobby! Have you heard about blogging? The Internet? No? It’s gonna be big!
4. Speaking of “positive reinforcement”, if you knew how much God loves you, with your flaws, pimples and thin hair, you’d feel better about your current state of affairs. He adores you, like all of His other children. Smile, being sixteen will soon pass. If you loved yourself one-tenth as much as God loves you, you’d be walking on air. Say your prayers. Talk to Him. He is your friend and wants the best for you…He will protect you and give you everything you need, in good time.
5. You’ll be going to college soon. Forget about business school and major in interior design. You know you love it! You’ve been re-arranging your bedroom furniture since you were ten. No, everyone else does not do this! It’s going to be your passion, so learn all about it.
With love and 20-20 hindsight vision,