8 Things You Might Not Know About Mary Ann, from Classic Casual Home! February 28, 2012
Well, Here we are, in Week 4 of our HBO documentary/series…
Today, it’s with great flourish, that I introduce, Mary Ann, of Classic Casual Home. Mary Ann has lead a coveted life as wife, mother, French speaking world traveler, living in a little beach town in southern California, when she isn’t on the slopes of Mammoth Mountain. On top of all that, she’s a talented designer. Her own homes are lovely. Her style is simply fabulous and she adheres to a look that’s created using quality materials, with lots of light, comfort and down-to-earth charm thrown in, for good measure! Let it roll, Mary Ann!
Thanks for having me over, Barbara! I know your readers enjoy your fun adventures
and witty prose as much as I do! Eight things about ME (I feel a tad dorky about this– sure you are interested?)…here goes…
1. This MAN has had to travel so much that he often gets free upgrades to First Class…and he insists I take his seat. Can you see why we’ve been for married 26 years?
2. My mother is my role model. I was one of six children. How did my she do it? My father was a great provider and a good cook but I am pretty sure he never changed a diaper or washed a dish.
3. Even though I am on the west coast and both my children are on the east coast,we communicate almost everyday. Sometimes just texts and funny photos from my son in college and quick telephone conversations from my daughter on her way to the subway after work.
4. Exercising outside is my favorite.
|Stairs at the Beach|
|Mammoth Lakes hiking|
6. People have said I am an expert at moving. It’s sometimes stressful but ultimately rewarding.
I’ve called some great places “home” in this order.
San Bernardino, Calif. (born)– Santa Clara University —
Vienna, Austria (junior year),
San Francisco — Laguna Beach —
Santa Monica (married) — New York —
— Fort Lauderdale —
Newport Beach and Mammoth Lakes, Ca (currently)
7. I enjoy doing e-designs for people all over the country almost as much as in person decorating. I never recommend a purchase that I wouldn’t want in my own home. Look at these pretty pieces at I just saw at West Elm.
8. This is the other man in my life…he’s saying “here, take my First Class seat. I’ll take Coach, ah, I mean Couch?”
Thanks, Barbara for letting me visit your lovely, treasured home.