Welcome Back to the Treasured Home! May 4, 2020
Dear Friends of The Treasured Home,
I hope you’re enjoying a relaxing spring day!
I normally have no problem getting my message out to you, but I’m struggling with this one. I guess I’ll just get right to it.
I never opened the shop expecting to make a lot of money. In fact, you may have heard me refer to the shop as my non-profit!
Yet, I have benefited in so many other ways! I’ve made wonderful friends and had a blast teaching workshops and shopping for things I hope you’ll love!
These last two months have been challenging for all of us. I’m not a rule breaker, but I’ve decided I can’t afford to pay credit card bills with our savings any longer. So, I’m going to re-open. I know there will be some of you who disagree with my decision, but we’ll just have to agree to disagree.
I will be reopening, this Wednesday afternoon at noon, just in time for Mother’s Day shopping and for you to pick up your Craft Kits. I am asking you to be flexible, as we find our new normal. Hours will fluctuate for a bit, but not for long.
I was happy to have a great response to our live sales, Friday and Saturday. Rather than create an appointment book for scheduled pick ups, I hope this will work for you.
This Week, we’ll be open Wednesday, May 6, through Saturday, May 11th, from noon until 4.
I’m making up a plan as I write this, but let’s try this:
- Only 4 customers at a time in the shop. Please knock, when you arrive.
- Hand sanitizer will be available when you enter and at the sales counter. I’ll place more around the shop.
- We’ll respectfully keep our distance.
- You’re welcome to wear masks and gloves, if it makes you more comfortable. I won’t be wearing a mask, so if that makes you uncomfortable, we’ll need to go to plan B.
- You will be asked to enter your own credit card into the processor, like you do at other shops.
- We won’t come to work if we aren’t in A+ health. We ask you to shop, only if you are in good health as well.
Well, that about sums it up. I can’t thank you enough for your patronage and support!
I’m looking forward to seeing your smiling face soon!