10 Reasons Why I Love This Room July 10, 2011
I wish I could tell you who designed this room, but one thing’s for sure, I can’t take credit! But I will tell you why in so many ways, it a perfect room, from the ground up.
1. First of all, I’m a sucker for beautiful, hand made rugs on hard wood floors! And these are gorgeous, bringing a colorful foundation to the room.
2. White sofas and chairs. The only thing better would have been slip-covered chairs and sofas, to reduce the “worry factor”. White is clean, fresh and so easy to decorate around.
3. Beautiful pillows, in warm orange and rust tones are a great choice. The great thing about pillows is that you can totally update the look for a change of pace, just by changing the pillow covers. Wouldn’t turquoise blue be wonderful?
4. Antiques. While there’s nothing “old” about the big pieces of upholstered furniture, the accent tables and coffee table, bring a sense of timelessness to the room.
5. Chandelier. While the table lamps are simple and elegant, the chandelier is full of history and detail, and the scale of the piece is perfect for the size of the room. Lovely!
6. Cote of arms. Again, the piece over the stunning fireplace looks like it could have been in the family for a few generations.
7. The fireplace. While the fireplace is certainly a focal point in the room, it doesn’t steal the show. The color of the stone compliments the wall paint color beautifully.
8. Windows and light. The light in this room brings energy and vitality to a room that could otherwise be too serious. Even so, I’d love to see the room at night. I’ll bet it’s perfect!
9. Grandfather clock. I love grandfather clocks and their beautiful chimes. I also like how this piece naturally adds a new dimension to the room, bringing the eyes up.
10. The ceiling. Last, but certainly not least, is the vaulted ceiling. Simply wonderful!