8 Things You Might Not Know About Karen of Art by Karena June 4, 2012
If you haven’t had the chance to meet her, this is the perfect opportunity! Karen, or Karena as she’s becoming known, (sounds much more exotic, don’t you think?), is passionate about the arts! That may be an understatement. As an artist herself, as well as a supporter and promoter of other artists, Karen writes Art by Karena. I’ll let her tell the story….
Barbara, thank you so much for including me in your series of Eight Things You Might Not Know….
1. I grew up here in the Kansas City area as the eldest of eight, yes eight children! I have a grown Son/ Daughter in Law, Daughter and four beautiful grandchildren. Family is very important and we use any excuse to get together. I was fortunate to live in San Diego (Gods Earth Office) for 13 yrs with my late husband and am now happy to be back home.
2. My parents grew up during the Depression in farming communities and had very little and certainly no luxuries. They are the kindest most generous souls you would ever meet. Maybe that is where I got the Do Good for Others & Pay it Forward gene.
3. I use both sides of my brain, as an artist and supporter of the arts; then in finance/ banking. Would love to concentrate on The Arts! Is that evident by my blog?
4. The values I cherish are honesty, integrity, kindness and an open heart….
5. Worrier and Fixer, two issues I am always trying to turn into positive attributes, as in not worrying about something or someone I cannot Fix!
6. My sense of humor surprises people as I am rather reserved, yet friends and family will say….remember when you said that; and burst out laughing!
7. Adventure is in my soul. I am up for almost anything (except skiing anymore) I have been Rock Climbing and Rappelling, Flown a plane, ( with a pilot friend next to me) Prefer fun stuff in the adventure area although I have scraped layers upon layers of wallpaper and painted ceilings. As they say I am tougher than I look.
Barbara thanks to you and to all of the wonderful friends I have met in the Blog Community!
Art by Karena
Isn’t she a sweetheart? I hope you’ll be sure to visit soon!