Mini Room Make-overs For $100 or Less July 2, 2010
Ahh, burgers on the BBQ and friends stopping by to enjoy the 4th. This is summer at its best! If you’d like to freshen up a space in your home for very little money, consider one or two of the following “under $100 quick fixes” for your next low-budget home improvement project.
- Create a welcoming entryway to your home with a new mat and pot of fresh annuals. Be sure to trim back overgrown bushes that block your front door and sweep away the spider webs!
- Clean and clear clutter that’s accumulated on table and countertops, or anywhere else it lurks.
- Paint! An accent wall, a front door, a bathroom…can make a world of difference with fresh paint!
- Assess furniture, art and accessory placement for balance, flow and overall appeal. This is a freebie!
- Update a light fixture.
- Add new towels and a rug to your guest bath after you do a quick wipe-down. Bathrooms should be spotless!
- Change old bath fixtures and towel racks. Replace worn out chrome or polished brass fixtures with polished nickle or rubbed bronze pieces, to update a bathroom quickly. While we’re in the bathroom, wooden toilet seats, mildewed shower curtains and grout have got to go!
- Window treatments that are beautiful and effective
- New Bedding…try a “bed in a bag” from Walmart, Target or Marshall’s for less than $100.
- Cabinet pulls transform a kitchen in a matter of minutes, making old cabinets look new!