8 Things You Might Not Know About Me: Kim Nichols of Savvy Southern Style February 14, 2012
Hi everyone, Last week, I shared all the scoop, about my life, that you were just dying to know! Frankly, I’m surprised “The Enquirer” hasn’t shown up on my doorstep, begging for another, in-depth interview…but they’re still busy following poor Demi around, I guess!
Today, is the 2nd installment of the eight week series…
Today, we are honored to have blog-star, Kim Nichols, of Savvy Southern Style, stop by and share a few tidbits about her very full life, that you may not already be up on! If you aren’t yet a follower, I hope you’ll visit her popular blog! She’s a pro, refinishing furniture to perfection, with Annie Sloan Chalk Paint. She’s also missed her calling as a professional stylist and photographer, shooting vignettes within her lovely home, that are magazine worthy! Finally, I can spot a serious shopper a mile away, and I hear store owners roll out the red carpet, when she heads out the door! Need I say more? Take it away, Kim!
Thank you Barbara for asking me to be a part of this series. At first I thought how do I come up with eight things my readers don’t know about me. It isn’t as easy as it sounds.
1. I have an addiction to pillows.
2. I have an addictions to lamps.
Oh, wait you said eight things they don’t know about me. Sorry, I got sidetracked.
For real this time….
1. I was a child bride at 19 and will celebrate our 37th anniversary on February 22 and my mom thought I was getting married too young.
2. I was born in Greensboro, NC and then we moved around every three years. So I lived in Greensboro, then Winston Salem, NC, Reidsville, NC, St. Simons Island, Ga., Hollywood, Fl. and then Norcross, Ga where my dad turned down the last transfer which would have been Raleigh, NC. It was so hard moving when I was in my school years and leaving my friends.
3. I have had several cats and only four dogs in my life. Bailey is my first inside dog and I don’t have a cat anymore. Bailey is our replacement child after becoming empty nesters not that she is spoiled or anything.
4. I worked outside the home mostly for doctors. My first job was as a file clerk for an insurance company and then I went to work as a receptionist in a family medical office. Then I worked as an assistant for an eye doctor. Last job was for five pediatricians as a receptionist and I did some insurance payment posting. I worked there for ten and a half years.
5. I retired from working in 2000. I was supposed to work till the kids finished college, but was stressed out and bringing it home with me. Hubby had just gotten a promotion and raise so I was able to quit early. Thank goodness!
6. We used to travel to some very nice places at least once a year through the mister’s job, but that came to an end when the economy sank. This is a picture of the Hyatt Regency resort in Maui that we stayed at many years ago. The kids loved this pool. This is only part of it.
7. My favorite cruise was an Alaskan one. I would love to go again. We sailed on the Carnival Spirit when it was new.
8. Have been to Italy twice. Once with a travel club and then to go with our son and his new wife to be part of a reception for them in Italy where her parents and extended family live. The wedding was in Nashville where my son and dil live and only her parents and brothers were able to attend. So her parents gave them a wonderful reception in a beautiful resort on the coast of the Adriatic Sea.
This is Castello Estanse In Ferrara, Italy where my daughter in law is from and her parents still live. We did lots of sight seeing here in this historical town and visited other cities like Venice and Florence.
Thank you, Kim, for joining us! I’ll be joining your link party, “Wow Us Wednesday’s” this week, with my latest DIY project!